We are looking for a new team members to fill the positions of Helper at Western Grater Contracting in Langford, BC. In this position you will be responsible for providing critical daily labour support to the on-site team of drilling and shoring projects.
- Daily Loading & unloading of drilling, blasting & shotcrete materials
- Working around drills and excavation equipment to ensure an efficient excavation proceeds
- Preparing the site to eliminate potential hazards
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the site to ensure it is clear of waste and scrap material
- Provide daily labour support as directed by the on-site Supervisory team
- Assisting in the placement of shotcrete for slope stability and urban structures
- Operating as a productive member of a high functioning team to drive results
- Hard working and willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Safety knowledge and experience in construction industry preferred but not required
- Experience with basic power and construction tools preferred but not required
- Valid BC Driver’s license and a cellphone, - REQUIRED
- Shoring, anchoring and drilling knowledge an asset but not required
- Ability to communicate in English, oral and written
- Be a reliable team player
- Be able to get to the Western Grater Yard in Langford, BC
- Provide a criminal record check within 3 months of hire due to Federal Regulations within our Industry
- Ability to lift 50lbs unassisted, and be fit to work
- Frequent walking on uneven terrain
- Repetitive movements such as bending, twisting and lifting heavy loads
- Be able to start at 7:00am in the Langford or downtown area.
- Overtime hours may be available and necessary to meet the needs of the business
Western Grater believes in the traditional social contract in the trades where committed workers are prioritized for advancement within the company. We therefore offer a diverse and inclusive family atmosphere, great benefits after 300 initial hours, and lots of room to grow!
Please submit resume if interested.